21 octobre 2011

The day off (Day 7)

It felt really strange today not to have volleyball athletes or coaches around me. The women's team left very early from the Village (4 am and 5 am) and the men's team is still in Calima. 

This gave me a chance to take care of some bookings for the Men's competition. There are a lot of things we have to book 24 hours in advance at these Games. It also gave me a chance to rest a bit and do some personal laundry (what a concept!).

I almost forgot: I also had to deal with a bit of an emergency. Lupo called me from Houston, - where he is spending the night before going back to Winnipeg - and told me he had lost his computer. It either got stolen on the trip from Guadalajara to Houston or he left it at gate 3 at the airport this morning. He was about 95% sure it was the former rather than the latter. The COC travel agents are on the case and will follow up shortly. 

In the mean time, our Men's team is getting ready for its match against Mexico later tonight. They lost 3-0 last night against Argentina (25-15, 25-17, 25-22). In their defense, the boys had a whole day of traveling behind their belts, including a 12 hour layover in Atlanta on the way back from Brazil. That sure didn't help. They had a chance to rest a bit today and train this morning. They will arrive back in the Village tomorrow around lunch time. And then things will start again. 

Time for supper. I will try to turn in early tonight.

JB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire